Spring Break Activities
We are flying into spring break over here, and for those staying close to home, we have some suggestions of things to do with your family in and around Langley.
- Great for kids of all ages, we recommend a visit to Canada’s largest outdoor parkour park, Penzer Park! You can also bring bikes, scooters, skateboards and basketballs to use on the BMX track, small skate park, or ball courts nearby. Great trails are nearby for walking too. Meet up with some friends, bring a picnic and make a day of it!
- Go back in time this spring break at our local National Historic site in Fort Langley. Kids will enjoy interactive activities in the buildings, exploring the site, and even gold panning. See what they have going on during the holidays.
- Encounter some larger than life dinosaurs and fossils at the Dinosaurs Unearthed Exhibit at the Surrey Museum in Cloverdale. While there, explore the TD Explore Zone which is both educational and fun for those 10 and under.
- From LEGO to crafting, puppet shows and Science World On the Go, the Fraser Valley Regional Library is putting on oodles of events. Take a look at what might work to fit in your schedule.
- Have some old school fun at the Historic Stewart Farm both weeks, Tues-Thurs (12-3); drop in to see how people lived in the year 1900!
- Chapters Indigo is putting on free spring break events for younger children at 11 AM for the first week of spring break. Call your local store for details and to register.
- If you’re willing to drive a little further to PoCo, spend a few hours at Lions Park— this playground is worth the drive. There is a beautiful promenade by the river to bike or walk as well.